Monday, May 12, 2014

Pablo's Day, Mother's Day

This weekend was spent celebrating mothers and my cousin's longtime boyfriend, Pablo. On Friday I joined them in Pomona at a banda club. I shouldn't even be surprised. My cousin Brianna is half Argentinian and I forget how much she loves that Latina side to come out. She'll always ask though, "is this too Hispanic for you?" haha. It's usually not (live music is fun!) but at one point it did hit me that I could see the tops of everyone's head... except for Pablo. I was the second-tallest person there (after Pablo) and probably the tallest girl.






On Saturday, Pablo had a birthday dinner and this time I had my white family to join me. Anyone who looks a little while is probably my side of the family. But I did enjoy practicing all my Spanish again! It mainly consisted of mucho gusto and Señor Pablo, donde esta la basura? and I have no idea if that is even grammatically correct.


Then of course, Mother's Day on Sunday with our matriarch Queen for a Day, grandma Dorothea!









It was so very appropriate that she won Left Right Center. I was in for so long too, rolling all those dots! Womp womp. I also scored a 16-piece baking set (thanks Aunt Judee!) Even Cousin David came out!

After the picnic we went to her place and I got to refill her hummingbird feeder. I would like to point out that I helped grandma to her chair for Queen for a Day and she said "Now what?" and I said "I don't know, just hang out here and I'll get people. I guess we're going to sit around you." And her response was "Oh no, now I have to look at all of you" haha! We also got her to hit Matt with her cane. She's finally coming out of her shell! Only 96 years later...

No comments:

Post a Comment