Thursday, May 8, 2014

快乐 !!

Well color me happy happy happy.

One of my favorite discoveries in New York City was of the Asian bakeries. Chinese, Japanese and Korean bakeries were the ones I saw and frequented the most, but they were all good. They were plentiful, inexpensive, and delicious. I had weekly appointments on the edge of Koreatown and made it a point to get a red bean pastry every time I went there. I knew it was going to be a big sadness in my life to leave those behind.

I took a walk nearby on my lunch break and what did I find, 2 minutes away, but an Asian bakery, exactly like the ones in New York! Fresh and inexpensive, just the way I like it! Red bean pastries for $1.25, and egg custards, taro buns and almond cakes, and much more, and nothing really more than $2.00, and need I remind you that these are fresh? They aren't processed, old, shelf-stored desserts like Twinkies. (Sorry, was that un-American of me?) I can't believe it, it exists right here, right here where I work. Not to mention the record store right next to us too.

See, leaving New York City isn't as sad as you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment