Monday, July 18, 2022

Lessons in Baking: (Individual) Cream Cheese Danishes

The recipe for raspberry/cheese danish I made last week made dough for two (huge!) pastries, so I saved half of it, and remembered I still had that dough and needed something to do with it... maybe too late. I decided to try making a few smaller, individual-sized versions.

Despite storing it appropriately (I think?? I'm still new around here) the dough became kinda difficult to work with. It was almost spongey, just really hard to mold, and that's what I blame on how half of these turned out hahaha

Pre-baking

Post-baking

It was fun to try to think of new shapes or way to make them, but they just were not working with the dough being so dough-y and not keeping, so, lesson learned. Any dough saved for later shouldn't be utilized for anything intricate. Only boring old loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment