Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Just a Little Bee

Just Sophie being cute lately...



Wearing my sweater I keep at my
office setup and mimicking me. She's
caught on to things I didn't realize she
noticed, like the way I always close
it by crossing it in front of me


She wanted to change her own diaper!



She's talking a lot more, and starting to put words together to make simple phrases. 

Her words are either English, French or Farsi. (Her daycare caretaker is Persian). So everytime she calls something by a pronunciation or word that doesn't sound anything like the English or French word, we look up the Farsi word for it. She definitely calls shoes her version of the Farsi "cafsh" which sounds like she's saying "capiche!" and she's starting to call oranges "ji's" and the Farsi word is "nerenji" so I think that's where she's going with that also. I love it, although knowing she won't be in daycare forever, I'm sure it's inevitable that she'll lose any Farsi that she picks up right about now.

She also feels heavier than ever, although she hasn't been officially weighed since her 18 month appointment at the beginning of May, but it sure feels like she's doubled since then.

Hope everyone stays cool in this coming heat wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment