Monday, April 25, 2022

(Separate) Sunday Fundays

Yesterday was a real Sunday Funday for me - I got to be Sophie-free for a few hours :P

I went to brunch with some friends (which, OMG I don't know what happened but the Sunday brunch crowd seems to have quadrupled in size from anywhere I ever knew of??) and I'd been excited about it all weekend. It was enough just to get away with friends for a brunch where I could sit in one place long enough to finish a cup of coffee while it was hot, but then AJ scored some tickets to the Angels game that day and said he would take Sophie, which meant I was going to have freedom for the entire afternoon.

And while brunch was refreshing and lovely, some of the best parts of the day came in the form of the photos from AJ's day. It was a real dad's day out, since AJ brought along his best friend and their daughter. 











Gotta have those blueberries

It's so cute how Sophie is getting old enough to interact with kids more. As a matter of fact, we got together with friends on Saturday to celebrate an engagement and there were seven kids present - ALL GIRLS!!! (We did not realize how girl-heavy our next generation was until they were all together! And we were even missing one!) and watching them all interact was sooo sweet! They ranged in ages from juuuuust under 5 years to 3 months, and there is a nice little cluster right around Sophie's age, with one 5 months older and another 4 months older than her.

Sometimes it's wild to me to look at her and see the baby is totally gone, and while it would be cute to spend a nice half hour cuddling little baby Sophie again, I'm enjoying these years much more and they seem to just be getting better.


No comments:

Post a Comment