Thursday, April 28, 2022

Romeo + Juliet

An actor came up the other day that inspired me to rewatch Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet from 1996. Can you imagine who it was? Cause it wasn't Leonardo DiCaprio.

Friggin John Leguizamo. I love that guy. He is amazing, and dare I say, underrated. We watched Encanto the other day and saw (this may be news to you) that Bruno (whom we don't talk about) is voiced by John Leguizamo, and I missed him. He is awesome. And I immediately thought of him in R+J and thought I need to rewatch that.

Also, this movie is insanely underrated. I haven't watched it in years (honestly maybe decades) and holy geez, it's like, a million times better than I ever remember it... and yet what I'm seeing on IMDb is a lot of disappointment and barely like 6.7/10 star rating?? Howwwww?? Baz Luhrmann just completely hit the nail on the head with this in his own crazy artistic creative way... why are people so salty?? And even though everyone remembers Leo and Claire Danes (and laughs fondly remembering Paul Rudd as Paris), the clear stars of this number were Harold Perrineau  as Mercutio and (duh) John Leguizamo as Tybalt. Look at thissssss...

I've just been typing to keep myself busy while I'm podcasting for work. Gotta keep my brain going a million ways at once all the time #millennial

No comments:

Post a Comment