Monday, September 28, 2020

Baby Shower for Baby Girl

Yesterday was the virtual shower for our baby girl and it was really fun! I had some decorations from hosting New Year's Eve this year so I made us a little backdrop, and it was great to see so many people and also been able to fill people in on the pregnancy and growing bump, especially since I've been so sequestered this whole year. I've also been sleeping horribly lately, so I was really scrambling in the morning to get ready and to the computer in time.

I'm not sure if we were able to capture everyone on camera when we took these pictures, but it's at least a good sampling. It was so nice to be able to scroll through and see people's faces.


One of the games we played was having everyone come up with a name for our baby girl using the letters in mine and AJ's name (Alan Jackson LOL wasn't that a country singer?) and here's another sampling of some of the great suggestions that we got!


AJ chose Hulk. This is why I come up with the names and careful screen his responses LOL. It really was so nice to see everyone and interact. It's definitely no in-person shower, but I was surprised still by how nice it felt to gather and interact, I had a lot of good feelings as though we had met in person for a lot of it.

Since Zoom gifted us unlimited minutes for that meeting, grandmas and some aunts stayed on for awhile and we had a fun time talking and hearing birth stories and doing dumb stuff with our screens haha



The day before, I baked us a cake and some cupcakes to celebrate (it's not a baby shower without a cake!) so I started in on that.

We had no plans to take any maternity photos, but since we were planning on looking nice for the baby shower, I thought it would be a nice opportunity for us to take some pictures, so Kathleen put on a mask and came over and we walked through the neighborhood just to take some photos together. Here I am, in various stages of being a whale and a smaller whale.


I just love my face expression here.
Wish I could remember what or who I
was reacting to!



"AJ look deep into my eyes"

"Okay now AJ get out of my picture"

"Now AJ look at me with admiration
of my feminine mystique growing
your child"



Poor Nannerz. I promise she got lots
of treats when we got back to make
up for us bossing her around

Admire me, AJ



His beer belly has really started to
pale in comparison




Needless to say, we're not really good with the pictures, we can't not laugh but oh well. I'm more excited for our first photos as a family... whenever that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment