Monday, March 16, 2020

Birthday Things!

Well, my 34th birthday was obviously one for the books - quarantined away while all our plans kept getting canceled over and over again! But, I was lucky I had AJ to make it great for me.

My first order of business was a birthday donut! We saddled up Nannerz and walked to the corner to get some for breakfast. The grocery store there had a line into the parking lot... turns out they were only letting in 5 customers at a time, which actually made the line seem not that bad and I'm sure the actual shopping experience was that much more pleasant.

AJ went in while I waited outside with Nannerz

Mmmm sprinkle donut - tasted amazing cause it was zero
calories cause it was my birthday
I spent a lot of time on the couch with my coffee answering all the nice birthday messages I was getting - what a way to relax :)

AJ gave me my birthday present... ready for this? You might remember that Lithuania is known for all of their amber. It's a big commodity. For Valentine's Day, AJ and I were on our birthday trip and he gifted me an amber ring that he had gotten in Lithuania for me. For my birthday - he presented me with a hefty matching amber necklace!


It's big and chunky - I said it reminded me of the Heart of the Ocean, but this is the Heart of Lithuania. Kathleen said maybe for Christmas I would get an amber tiara (my God, could I be so lucky?!)

I love seeing my birthday everywhere, so here were some screenshots of my special day, including the (depressing) headlines - oh joy!




I told AJ in no uncertain terms that I would not be doing any dishes today, and they better not just sit there for me to do the next day. See what a little light threatening can do?? :D


My mom came over for a little bit, and we celebrated...



And that evening AJ and I went to dinner. I got to choose the place and Restaurant Week was still going on, so we went to this bomb-diggity Mexican place in San Juan Capistrano - seriously - bomb diggity. Sol Agave, and I had this jalapeno cream soup, and pollo serrano and AJ had seafood enchiladas and for dessert we had churros and butter cake with vanilla ice cream.

And then, on the way home, we stopped off for AJ to pick up my other birthday gift - the Just Dance game for Nintendo Switch! SO. EXCITED. I started playing it at home and it is quite the workout (especially still doing it in heeled boots like I was doing).

It was a nice birthday, and now I'd just like all this COVID-19 stuff to be over with plz.

No comments:

Post a Comment