Tuesday, February 19, 2019

From A Hotel Room in Southeast Asia

Well good afternoon there... it's 4:45a here and 2:15p back home. Reporting for duty from Mandalay, Myanmar, it's moi.

I just want to say that, despite the rough start this trip got off to (which I'll have to relay later because it really needs the visuals!) I am really loving Myanmar. As my second venture to southeast Asia (the first being India) I am enjoying Myanmar more. The people are kind, it's not too overwhelming, people are helpful, and they also take 'no' for an answer lololol.

The trek out here was long, but it didn't feel as rough as India, maybe just because I had done it before. My layover in Shanghai was pretty miserable though. I couldn't keep my eyes open, the airport wasn't that big or impressive, and I was freezing.

Despite the 24 hour journey, you would think that I could understand how far I was, but it didn't really sink in until I checked into the hotel and it smelled just like India. And I remember how distinct that smell was and how foreign it was and how far I felt. Smelling the hotel was like oh yeah - I'm really far away from home!

Anyways, couldn't sleep but need to start getting ready for the airport anyway, flying to Yangon today!

No comments:

Post a Comment