Sunday, September 2, 2018

Our Not-Wedding Wedding Date

A friend of mine from my San Diego days is this beautiful Italian girl named Elena. She got married last year on September 2nd and hashtags it often, so I always remember it.

I actually assumed that AJ and I were going to get married on September 2, 2018. We got engaged August 22, were home from Belize August 31, and started the venue search not long after. Because this whole industry is highway robbery, I was researching ways to cut corners, and one big one was always choosing to get married on a day other than a Saturday. We were looking in September 2017 so I figured aiming for about a year out would be safe, and it was a regular question if they had September 2, 2018 available and if they would give the Sunday rate, which was usually cheaper than both Saturdays and Fridays, but some venues were jerks and, taking into account the Monday holiday, still charged the Saturday rates for Sundays of three-day weekends. I also liked 9.2.18 since 9x2=18.

At any rate, we were gunning for September 2, and when we finally found our venue, which was amazing, they didn't change rates for days or seasons, so we weren't beholden to any timeframe and long story short, we loved the idea of December in the end.

Anyways, ever since we booked it I never really thought twice about it, but Elena posted for her one year anniversary today and used her hashtag #2settembre and then I remembered this was almost going to be our wedding day! Can't believe it's already been a year since then. And now we're already down to 97 days. On the one hand, I enjoy all the extra time for planning and saving money and getting things done, but on the other hand I'm starting to get burned out on it and ready to be done with all the planning and stress and looking forward to just getting married!

Okay, hope you all have a lovely Labor Day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment