Monday, August 20, 2018

Blackhawk Crafting Co

How have I been so lucky to be surrounded by so many cool, successful people? On top of the lawyers and statisticians putting together conferences in China and boss babes in LA, now Marisa, my bestest yoga bud from my Riverside days (who saw my dating struggles and was there from mine and AJ's relationship beginnings) recently opened a business in Riverside. The idea is kind of like a Wine & Paint night, but it's woodworking and crafts or really anything you seen on Pinterest... show them and they can make it happen!

As part of launching her new business, Marisa offered to throw me an event there, where guests could help create projects for the wedding and home. That whole event was yesterday, August 19 and it was SO MUCH FUN. Not least of all is the fact that I have some really great and generous friends who drove from San Diego, Orange County and Long Beach to be there, and of my Riverside friends showed up even though it was her 13th wedding anniversary! #blessed

The event was so much fun! There was a mimosa bar and a whole spread of snacks, Marisa baked a delicious cake, and it was a great place to just hang out and craft together!






Everybody's projects turned out amazing! And no one had any prior experience either. The whole business is so fun and cool and we got to make a lot of neat stuff. The stuff for the wedding totally exceeded my expectations too.




















It was a pretty surreal experience to be crafting for my wedding (say whaaaa) with friends and family from all walks of life, all hosted by my friends brand new BUSINESS... my friend I met in middle school and have known since I was 12, who watched mine and AJ's relationship come together. If there was a downside, it's that I was slightly hungover by 7pm due to too many mimosas (oops).

If you or anyone you know are looking for something to do in the Riverside area... check out Blackhawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment