Monday, September 10, 2018

90s Nite, LA Pool Party & Bridal Shower!

Each day of this weekend really deserved it's own post cause they were all so individually fun. But I guess since I don't have pictures to illustrated 2 of them very well, it's better collapsing them anyway.

On Friday, September 7, my coworker love Jessica had her last day at our work. She's going on to another university now and while I"ll miss her endlessly, it will be nice to be able to just be friends now! We started the morning, together with Iris, at IHOP and I went big and celebrated with cupcake pancakes. They were just as delicious as they sounded. Jessica chose the music for our shared office and it had a real 90s kick. I ended up bringing that home with me that night. AJ and I made dinner, put on 90s music, and played MarioKart into the night. We never ran out of 90s music. We started fighting over the direction of the music so we had to take turns choosing 2 songs each. It was pretty nostalgic... everything from Wallflowers, Everclear and Fuel... to Matchbox Twenty, Counting Crows, and I threw in some Jewel haha!

On Saturday, we went up to LA for a massive pool party for two of AJ's friends (brothers) who just happen to have birthdays 3 days apart from one another. It was a good time that even featured it's own donut wall. The pool was freezing.



That's me in the water talking to the girls while AJ and his friends are playing basketball and I'm screaming everytime I'm splashed because it's ice water. I drove home in the evening and left AJ up there, who was spending the night to watch football the next morning.

Then of course Sunday, September 9 was my last bridal shower! It was so great to see everyone who showed up and can we talk about that amazing brunch??? I had no part in the planning or executing, and it was so exciting to see such a beautiful event put on by family and the bridal party. I had a great time there and again - that brunch! It was a gooooood day to not be counting calories!!









































Thanks everyone who came - can't wait to celebrate at the wedding with you all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment