Monday, November 13, 2017

November Weddings

I am exhausted. Even though it was a 3-day weekend, I don't even feel like I got a weekend. It's been nonstop since last Wednesday. AJ and I had only 3 weddings on the calendar this year, and two of them both fell on the same day (November 11). So we decided to divide and conquer that day. Lucky for me, the wedding I wouldn't be attending was an Indian wedding, so I got to partake in many of the other celebrations leading up to it, and only missed the American wedding ceremony, although it still included a grand entrance on an elephant...

On Wednesday there was a mehndi for the ladies









On Thursday there was a baraat (which we missed - it's hard to get to LA at 3pm on a weekday!) sangeet and Indian ceremony.













It featured Bollywood singers, dancers, performers, and even a live sitar player who was playing top 40 hits on the sitar. Let's just say they spared no expense!

On Saturday, AJ and I had to go our separate ways, and I went to celebrate the wedding of my best friend from high school, Alyse.






This ice cream truck was the highlight
of my life







It was so much fun, and on Sunday, AJ and I were both in sad shape for the majority of the day. I was lucky I got enough energy by like 4pm to mobilize, clean, take Anana out for a walk, buy some cat food, and then go pick up for pho for dinner for us.



But I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't also mention the other wedding stuff and that was Friday, November 10, doing my first round of wedding dress shopping!











It wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be lolololol and all I really accomplish was rule out of a few styles/silhouettes and realize that this was going to be a loooong process! Good thing I've still got over a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment