Monday, June 19, 2017

OC LA OC Weekend

AJ and I had an insanely crazy weekend. And when I say that, I guess it's not so insane, but it's busier than we're used to! And it took a lot of unexpected turns (read: we got way more drunk more often than we had expected). On Friday night we went to the Angel's game with my friends Marisa and Nate, which we had been planning for months. AJ's sister coincidentally had tickets for the same day and were able to come sit with us.

Mah boy Cameron Maybin!



We had a great time. So great, I ran into a fire hydrant on the walk back and bruised my leg. We walked to AJ's mom and ordered food to sober up, but she also had drinks there so we just kept on; played Cock and Bull and ended up crashing on his mom's couch.



Anana's happy anywhere! We were slow moving and got home, took a nap, and then were hustling to get ready and leave to go to Hollywood for the night to visit my friends Shea and Craig. I hate LA so much. I thought we'd get there in an hour, then I looked at my phone for directions and saw red streets everywhere and almost 2 hour drive time. UGH!

Anyways, after the traffic-ridden drive, it was suuuuper fun! We got to their apartment in West Hollywood, they had some of our favorite drinks waiting, we took shots and caught up, then walked to Saddle Ranch. We got insane carafes of cocktails and delicious food and saw... Freddie Mercury??




We even got a free round of drinks when they wanted our table for a bigger party. Score! We walked back to the apartment, busted out our wands from Harry Potter land from the year before, and the karaoke machine, and did a few numbers before we headed out for the Laugh Factory.

It was sooo much fun and we were right at the stage, but I have to say that I really prefer improv because it's sooooo awkward and uncomfortable when people start bombing. Like, it hurts. But it was really fun! We went through WeHo on the way home, had more drinks and put on a Netflix special of one of the guys we saw there, Theo Von. We passed out an an undetermined time.

AJ and I had to be up first thing in the morning to make it back to Orange County for a Father's Day brunch celebrating his dad. I wish I could have gotten my money's worth with that brunch, but I was struggling being hungover and sugar wasn't going to help, so I had all savory dishes and couldn't really take advantage of the chocolate fondue fountain. Sadface!

When we got back we had the most glorious nap ever and then I did some errands in the evening and we went to bed at a decent time. Now it's Monday but I have to say that I'm really enjoying the start of summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment