Thursday, September 10, 2015

Highlander Pros

Someone on this large campus finally took the initiative to do what I'd wanted, but been too lazy to do: set up a young professionals group for those of us who work here and organize monthly happy hours and events!

Last night was the first meeting, and it was quite enjoyable, EVEN THOUGH I lost the raffle.

Why am I the ONLY person holding their drink?? #wino

I'm always surprised at the diversity that is here in Riverside, it's hidden somewhere but it's there. For instance, I made a friend with a girl who just moved LAST FRIDAY from Texas to work here. I always assume everyone here is from the Inland Empire because... what? But I underestimate how up-and-coming Riverside is.

Also, after the happy hour I went out to the Galleria to look for a necklace for an upcoming wedding. Kathleen and I love Charming Charlie and I texted her just to say that man, this place is dangerous for my wallet. Ten minutes later someone is stomping and screaming and "BOO"ing in my face. Turns out Kathleen was at the Galleria too a few stores away and was able to come over and effectively scare the s#!* out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment