Monday, September 21, 2015

Bass Lake Wedding

2015: The Year of Weddings continues. After hell week at work, aka working from 6a-5p, I hit the road for Bass Lake, in/near Yosemite. I got in around 12:30.

I was really excited for the weekend up there to celebrate AJ's friends' wedding, but I was also sad that due to the hell week and this being The Year of Weddings, I wasn't able to make it to my cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas the weekend previous, and couldn't make it to Pam's bachelorette in Chicago this weekend. I was able, however, to deliver milk and cookies to my cousin that weekend in the Venetian, and have a bottle of champagne delivered to Doug and Pam on their arrival in Chicago.


HIRJI gifts
The Bass Lake trip was fun. The engaged couple graciously rented chalets for the wedding party and close friends and their plus ones, so it was really fun staying in all of the rooms with everyone. By the time I arrived, everyone was feeling pretty good from the rehearsal dinner and karaoke hour at the bar, and I was still minorly delusional from lack of sleep + chugging a Monster, but we didn't stay up too late past that.

It was really, really hot, and dry where we were, and the lake itself was obviously very depleted, but it was still very beautiful. We all got brunch on Saturday morning and then hung out in the rooms for awhile, before the wedding party got ready for pictures and events, and the rest of us hung out (Titanic was on TV!) and got ready and headed down ourselves.

It was pretty hot, but the backdrop was beautiful and the ceremony was great and the reception was super fun.



AJ's groomsman entrance






We tried to Brady Bunch it...

After the reception we went to the one bar at the resort. AJ and I didn't last long... I was crashing since I still never recovered from my work week. On Sunday we all went to brunch together cause there were football games on. I drove the first half home and AJ and I went to his mom's in Hermosa Beach where I was able to take a nap before heading back to Riverside and getting in at midnight. And NOW I can finally plan, prepare and get excited for my cousin's wedding in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment