Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Riverside Friends

I did it! I don't know how, but I did it! I convinced some friendys to come spend a weekend with me in Riverside! On Friday, Rob, Raf and Pearo drove into town for a fun-filled weekend exploring the former 909.

We were able to fit quite a bit into the few days, including some things I hadn't done myself. We went out to the bars, we hiked Mt Rubidoux, we had a picnic at Fairmount Park, we went to the Mission Inn and Mario's Place and the Little Green Onion and the Heritage House and the Citrus State Park where we got to do a citrus tasting.

Some highlights included: realizing how old we were when we were more excited talking about the morning coffee Rob was planning on getting the next morning as opposed to the drinks we were going to get from a bar...

And: at the Presidential Lounge, there are crafted cocktails named after famous people who had stayed at the Mission Inn. Pearo said she was going to get the Amelia Earhart, because they shared birthdays, so Rob said he would get the Henry Ford, since they shared birthdays, so I scoured the list and there was an Albert Einstein, with whom I share a birthday! (What are the chances??) We googled every last name on there in the hopes another person shared a birthday with Rafael, but no such luck. Three out of four ain't bad.

And, as you will see, we had a great time with the GoPro!

On top of Mt Rubidoux
Top of Mt Rubidoux
Mt Rubidoux Hike
Peace Tower Pueblo on Mt Rubidoux
Morning friends!
So appropriate to pass the MLK statue on MLK weekend!











...now back to weekends in San Diego ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment