Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hollywhat?

Well it finally happened. I had a bad day subbing. With spring breaks everywhere and subbing so often in Riverside, I forgot how challenging they could be in Jurupa. My day started by a kid filing in the door stopping in front of me and saying "excuse me ma'am, I'm going to have to search you for drugs" and then shining a laser in my eye. I was so livid! Who does that?! And it was all downhill from there. All they had to do was watch a (short!) movie on weather (narrated by Martin Sheen. How does that happen?) and answer simple questions from a handout as the movie went along. But, they couldn't do even that. When I was paperclipping a class' collection together, I did notice this student's paper (Question #3) and laughed at the stupidity.


Can you find the error yourself?? Here, let me help you...




A friend of mine had been pestering me to go to Hollywood that night, but I kept insisting that I wasn't going to go. Of course, when it came down to it, after the day I had, I needed a drink, so I got ready and they picked me up. Our first stop was the Formosa, which was nice enough. It had a huge reputation during the silver screen years of being frequented by celebrities due to its proximity to the studios, and without realizing I sat directly in front of Audrey Hepburn's picture. How nice! After that we went traipsing down and around the city and then relocated to the Roosevelt Hotel. Boy was that fun.

There was some sort of event going on, and this was me posing "like I'm talking to the paparazzi."







We had a lot of fun there, made a lot of friends, and a guy I hadn't seen since high school came and met up with us too, what a throwback! It was fun. We went outside often (it was a nice night!) and they had a lot of the street partitioned off in preparation for the Hollywood Hills Marathon, so I ran a length of it and declared myself the winner, since I figured I was the first person to do so. Also, a star of a star with the name spelled right!



We hit up a Del Taco (tell me something I don't know) and a gas station, and somehow made really good friends with another guy at the gas station. He was so nice and funny (and drunk, and his friend gave up trying to get him in the car) and we all ended up following each other on Instagram, searching our user names and everything while in the middle of the pumps.

And today, Kathleen and I had to start preparing for Coachella 2014, so we picked up a tent and practiced putting it together.


Less than a week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment