Monday, April 7, 2014

Game of Thrones Viewing Feast

Warning! Nerd Alert Entry. Last night was a very long-awaited (at least on my part) season 4 premier of Game of Thrones, and I got quite the treat! Instead of my original plan of just reserving the downstairs TV and forcing Shannon to watch it with me, Shannon invited me to her friends' house where a costumed feast and viewing party was being hosted! Shannon dressed me up in some garb to be Khaleesi (including a white wig that had since been made over to be a mermaid, so it was a little wonky for Daenaerys but still did the trick!) and Shannon was able to throw together stuff to be Melisandre, The Red Woman.






The feast was awesome! They had made banners of major house sigils, and had such neat finishing touches, like Khaleesi's dragon eggs!





L to R: Cersei, Shae, Man of the Night's Watch, Margaery, Melisandre (aka the Red Woman) and Khaleesi

Jayna said my wig made me look like the Crack Khaleesi hahahaha. And of course a picture of the two Khaleesi's...!


The food was great, and was all based on actual food from the books, like stuffed chicken, vegetable stews, tons of fresh loaves of bread, berries, and lemon cakes.

Everyone who dressed up was someone else, it was very impressive! Margaery, Cersei, Melisandre... They all took pictures with a much better camera that will probably come out later, so that's all I got for that for now.

And then of course the episode itself was great, and went by so fast! I'm so happy to know that it'll be on every Sunday for the next few months now! Yaysies.

No comments:

Post a Comment