Monday, January 29, 2024

The Friday Girl

Last week, our family got to experience the joy of not just a wedding, but seeing Sophie experience a wedding for the first time herself too. She didn't know what a wedding was and even though I pointed out our cousins walking down the aisle and then the bride, the very beautiful girl in the white dress, she just sorta sat there confused, thinking we were just sitting on the chairs until the time ran out, although she did point out the squirrel she saw in front of us. But I'm guessing that it was me whispering "the bride, the beautiful girl in white" or yelling it over music, what she heard was Friday? And she kept referring to the bride as "The Friday Girl" and I thought that was so cute (and pretty appropriate considering it was a Friday wedding!)

Aria was immediately taken with Sophie and Sophie, being shy and timid at first, wouldn't even look at her and would bury into me. But by the time the cocktail hour came and Aria was out taking pictures, Sophie was begging to know where Aria was and soon after that, Lily too.




We had such a good time and Sophie, the most of all! For our shy she can be, I couldn't believe how well she took to the dance floor, running back and forth, always with Aria or Lily, chasing the lasers, literally rolling on the floor, joining hands with other kids she didn't know and spinning endlessly, it was so much fun. And AJ and I got Summer to nap and got to hang with the family and the infamous Dalton LOL.


















We had to leave sooner than I wanted to because the music was just a bit too much for Summer, and Sophie cried the whole way home because she didn't want to leave, but I felt so lucky we got to be there that day and take part in the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment