Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Baby Sprinkle for Minier Moskus

This past weekend we celebrated Baby Sister with a Baby Sprinkle hosted by my soul sisters Jessica and Iris, and my baby sister Kathleen. When we had Sophie's (virtual) baby shower in September 2020, we chose llama invitations just cause they were cute ones we found, and I kinda liked that they were accompanied by something of the desert theme, which seemed to match my bridal shower and bachelorette party. That turned into Sophie being the queen of the llamas and it becoming part of her identity LOL. I figured the same thing would happen this time (and boy was I right!) so I intentionally decided on the flamingo invitation, and it delivered.

I was feeling so guilty and uncomfortable with the sprinkle because I was seeing how much work and energy went into it (and I still feel a little weird about it!) but it was such a nice event.

For some reason this uploaded all of the photos backwards, so I guess we'll go through the day in reverse.

The evening ended with Sophie and Enzo going crazy and being so adorable playing together. It made me excited to see Sophie with a sibling, even though they'll be a little more than 2 1/2 years apart while her and Enzo are only 4 months apart, but whatcha gunna do?

This is literally Sophie yelling "Enzo!"

Chocolate faces! Enzo had to be bribed
for them to take photos together LOL


These cups were fascinating for them (shrug)

Gangy/Grammy Tammy brought them
both some stuffy gifts




Sophie had a great time at the party and did pretty good and not freaking out that presents weren't for her, even though she still got lots of presents!



Opening up the cupcakes!





Big Sister & Little Sister!







Play-doh Babies Game

The winning baby - a baby flamingo!
(How could I not choose that one??)


Fun fact: Kathleen told guests to include name suggestions on the advice cards since AJ and I are still struggling. Those were great to read, and I think my favorites were Evelyn Frances (submitted by Frances Evelyn LOL) and Thotiana by my cousin Caitlin. 

Kiwi was such a hit at the party! He really
is a rambunctious rascal that drives us nuts,
but he's mostly so great with the kids and all 
their kid energy, it was fun to have him out!


Sentences to Drawings!






Sophie randomly insisted on holding
my dress

Sophie and her godmother, Auntie Sasha



Look how cute the set up was for everything - and how amazing the Kebab Shop catering was, all the treats and details, the refreshing raspberry mocktail, the hostesses thought of it all, down to the flamingo coloring books for the kids.




I don't know why I feel guilty, but I still do in a weird way, but it was such a lovely day and even though I am still having problems wrapping my head around the fact that we're going to have another baby, this has helped and now we have so many amazing gifts (and lots and lots of diapers) to start really preparing!

Thank you everyone, including people who sent stuff even though they couldn't make it (shoutout Jayna and Thompsons!)

No comments:

Post a Comment