Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Books Books Books

I have no idea why I'm writing this, but I've been devouring books since the start of this year and after a few new ones, I've been returning to my Old Faithfuls, because that's what I do, and I feel like I'm always re-remembering books I forgot about because I'm getting too old, so I decided to just make a list of some of my all-time favorite books, that I love intensely and could read over and over and over again and in no particular order, for no literally particular reason at all.

 

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass (Lewis Carroll)

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain)

A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)

The Joy Luck Club (Amy Tan)

Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)

The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy)

Guns, Germs and Steel (Jared Diamond)*

One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel García Márquez)

The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver) 

Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy)

Harry Potter (J. K. Rowling)

A Sound of Thunder (Ray Bradbury - this entire short story collection)

Sideways Stories from Wayside School (Louis Sachar)

Anne of Green Gables (L. M. Montgomery)

A Wrinkle in Time (Madeleine L'Engle)

Me Talk Pretty One Day (David Sedaris - anything at all by him actually)

I Am America (And So Can You!) (Stephen Colbert)

The Opposite of Loneliness (Marina Keegan)

Little Weirds (Jenny Slate)

L'Enfance (Nathalie Saurraute)


*non-fiction

(Oh and I know I said I could read these books over and over, but I don't think I could ever read The Poisonwood Bible again, it was too emotional and I still tear up and get heavy in the chest when I think about it.)

I should start a list of severely overrated books (Pride and Prejudice! The Great Gatsby! 1984!) but let's stay positive here. I'll add to this list when I remember something else...

No comments:

Post a Comment