Thursday, November 10, 2022

Lessons in Baking: Vanilla Cupcakes

I decided to bake the cupcakes for Sophie's birthday (and also decided cupcakes would be more manageable for all involved rather than a full cake) and I kinda remembered last minute and was trying so hard to find one of those super low-sugar and low calorie recipes that uses like applesauce instead of flour and sugar or something but I wasn't sure how to search for those and nothing was coming up, so in the end, even though the recipe I found was called "Healthy Cupcakes for Toddlers" and as I was making it I was thinking huh? What a misnomer - didn't notice anything different, still normal amounts of butter, sugar and flour. Oh well.


I did homemake half the frosting again (using the Top Shelf Rolls recipe) which turned out great. I will say that the order of events for the cupcakes and instructions did make them turn out lighter and fluffier, so that was nice!


Sophie's special cupcake to blow out!

No comments:

Post a Comment