Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Mother's Day & Sophie Eats Solids

I've been simultaneously looking forward and dreading Sophie turning 6 months. On the one hand - yay! On the other hand... time to start solids (mostly yay!) but that means her poop is about to go waaaay downhill, and I've been okay with putting that off. Ha.

We did her little 6 month photo shoot last Saturday and even though she's definitely growing out of some clothes, I didn't notice much difference between this one and her five month photos.




Still kute tho!

We also got our first outing since having Sophie... kind of. (We did go out for dessert alone for about an hour on our anniversary while Debbie watched her, but for some reason that doesn't feel like it really counts!) But my mom came over to watch Sophie while we went out for dinner in Laguna Beach. It was nice, fresh salt air and also, with things opening up, it was feeling kinda good again. Here was her having fun with Gangy!


I had a great first Mother's Day, but it was also very weird and surreal to be on the other side of it! But AJ made us breakfast and I got gifts galore, his dad brought me a bouquet of roses, and we had an evening trip to Newport Beach and had some pretty delicious Greek food. It was a nice day with my husband and my baby, and that's all I really wanted!

We also put together her high chair and tried solids for the first time. We just made a little baby oatmeal for her. I couldn't believe how easily and how well she took to it! As soon as we put her in the high chair, she was SO HAPPY. She was seriously BEAMING, she looked so proud and excited to be in a big chair herself, it was so adorable. We didn't have to coerce her or fake eat it ourselves or anything. She was into it right away and was taking the spoon from us immediately. 



With these little traits being being noticeable and coming out, it makes me wonder about her personality and what she'll be like - will she be super independent and adventurous? Or is she just quick to tackle new skills fearlessly? So far, she gets so much more fun the older she gets. (I say so far because I'm pretty sure there's a time you'll want them to be younger, like when those teenage years hit ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment