Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Palm Springs

I really haven't been anywhere since March. And really not planning to since I'm growing a child and there's a health pandemic out there. But poor AJ had to drive out to Palm Springs twice in one week just to drop something off for work, and post minor surgery, it's really been a lot for him to sit very long, so for his second trip last week, we decided to stay a few nights out there. 

We actually found what I thought was a very charming little inn out there, with just a handful of rooms all wrapped around the pool in the courtyard, and inexplicably world flags placed all over. We had a nice spacious studio on the second floor. It was so refreshing to even just work from a new environment and sit in the blasted AC without thinking about the electricity bill. AJ went golfing in the mornings and I would be able to read by the window or in the pool. Of course, it was so insanely hot, the pool felt more like a lukewarm jacuzzi, and it was literally 99 degrees outside before 9 o'clock, but still, a fun little getaway!

We hit a few outdoor spots that we could, which included the Shields Date Garden, where we got date shakes (spoiler alert: kinda tasted just like a vanilla shake, maybe we got shafted) where their famed garden was somehow a walk through the story of Christ (I wasn't sure why or the connection or anything) but let me tell you, out in that heat, I really feel that we got to walk in Christ's steps...!



This art at the Pickford Theatre was supposed to have the hot air balloon basket bolted on the ground so you can pretend to be in it, but the basket was gone! Womp womp.


Then we stopped by the windmills, just since it's just an iconic site.





Now getting through what  seems to be my hell week at work. I'm 27 weeks and starting to feel like my stomach is being inflated and can't get much bigger (which is laughable because believe me, even I can tell there's a still a long way to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment