Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Weekend in Sweden

Always one step behind! AJ and I have successfully flown to Manchester, taken the train to Carlisle, spent the night in Maryport, drove up to Edinburgh and woken up in a beautiful Airbnb in the inner city - but I haven't shared our time in Sweden yet.

For the record, I friggin love Scandinavia. I say that because I've really enjoyed so many places throughout the region - Copenhagen, Oslo, Reykjavik, and really really Stockholm. It is so beautiful on the water, so clean and pretty and friendly. It was a big shame that we weren't there longer, but we had fun while we were.

I worked all Friday day in Vilnius, headed straight to the airport afterwards, got in to Stockholm late Friday night, just enough time to check in, get dinner and crash. I had work all day on Saturday. After the event I came back to the hotel for about an hour, and then we had to go out to my work dinner. It was really fun and we met some cool people, and had so much to drink that we basically pulled an Irish goodbye.

On Sunday we had a late start, but once we got going we had a great time - we took scooters all around Stockholm, stopping occasionally to shop, get coffee, eat, and wander neat neighborhoods. It's a really great place to do it too because of their designated bike lanes everywhere.


Nobel Prize Museum

In Gamla Stan

The one photo AJ took of me on a scooter.
His photography quality control is really bad

I take pictures of my work's mascot around the
world for our social media account... and this
was a great timed photo of him falling off the
railing lulz

Loved all the swans in the water!


Not gunna lie, we definitely hit up an H&M too, which wasn't hard considering it's on every damn corner like a Starbucks in America. When in Stockholm...!

And then Monday morning was our trek to the United Kingdom, where we were quite lucky to fly to in the midst of Storm Ciara. The plane landing was a little rough with the wind gusts... I was close to puking but held it together.

So far Scotland has had the worst weather we've had the whole trip, but the snow is pretty (when it's snowing and not sleeting) and I've got my new North Face jacket so I'm as good as can be here. Aaaaand the snow just started up again. Hello, February.

No comments:

Post a Comment