Monday, December 31, 2018

Goodbye to Beautiful 2018!

This year, was nuts. And I'm not even referencing the fact that I got married. This year was insane and busy and jampacked full! I have a lot to look back on that I can't even believe was only this year, and feeling endlessly appreciative, accomplished, and ready for a break!

January: AJ and I celebrated our 3-year anniversary up in Big Bear for our last January anniversary. Kicked off the wedding planning process with engagement photos in LA and started recruiting professionally with my first trip to France and Germany

February: I ended up in Europe 3 times in the shortest month of the year! Returned from Germany at the beginning of February, celebrated AJ's 32nd birthday with friends in Norway and Sweden, and then returned at the end of the month for a recruitment trip in Madrid.

March: Welcomed the month in Madrid. Celebrated my own 32nd birthday with an amazing Vegas trip with my friends, including seeing Le RĂªve at Wynn and lots of virtual craps!

April: April 1st didn't exist to me as I was in transit to the eastern hemisphere for the first time in my life. A full circuit in India was all I needed for awhile, and then I got to come home and celebrate my nephew's first birthday!

May: Went to a concert (those are getting increasingly rare for my taste!) with Kathleen, had a fun Disneyland trip with AJ, Iris and Jessica, and had a 3am wake-up call to watch that Royal Wedding! Ended the month in Philadelphia for a work conference.

June: Marked 10 years since I graduated from college! AJ and I headed to Las Vegas to watch the life-changing Hamilton show.

July: Wedding fever with wedding craft days and trying to beat the heat at the dog beach inbetween!

August: Last work trip of the season to DC where I got to hang with Chrishon, AJ's flag football team won championships, and Marisa hosted a bridal shower for me at her place of business where we crafted away!

September: The real madness begins...! My cousin Brianna and other members of my bridal party host my beautiful bridal shower, and fall recruitment begins with a two week recruitment trip throughout Canada

October: I return from Canada and head out for my drop-dead-amazingly-fabulous bachelorette out in Palm Springs, then turn around and head out to Japan for just shy of two weeks, made even more fun with Kathleen joining me for the first week. My first time in East Asia! I end the month by taking the GRE

November: This is a blurry, stressful mess. My amazing grandmother turns 101, I have a work trip to Raleigh and get to hang with Jayna and meet her newest addition Annika, final wedding preparations have me and AJ going nuts and back and forth from Riverside and other appointments, AJ and I move from our apartment to a house, my work throws me a bridal shower and I submit 7 out of 8 of my applications for grad school and say a prayer for December!

December: The sparkling grand finale. The first week, although kicked off with a spa day for mother's day, was nuts. But I got the most amazing wedding day with everyone I loved around me, got to marry my love AJ, then head out for a fabulous honeymoon throughout New Zealand and French Polynesia, then try to finish settling into our home to welcome in the new year pleasantly.



Can you see why I don't want to let 2018 go?? What a beautiful year it's been! I'm still looking forward to more calm in 2019, and also all the good things sure to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment