Monday, June 11, 2018

HAMILTON

I would love to say that AJ surprised me and swept me off my feet to go see Hamilton because he thought I would love it, but the truth is, he got a free 3rd row ticket to see it with his friend a few weeks ago and was so obsessed with it, he was willing to sponsor our trip out to Las Vegas in June to see it. So it was selfish, but I don't care cause I really wanted to see it anyway.

It was a too-quick trip. We headed out Saturday morning. Since the show was playing at The Smith Center north of the Strip, we decided to do the whole old town Fremont Street experience. We checked in to our hotel and went to the pool and got beers and just tried to get the car ride off of us!





We went to dinner and then headed to The Smith Center for the best musical of the decade! Seriously, it was awesome! The writing and the songs were soooo good, and it was so engaging. I also lovedddd how all of the cast was so diverse. Hamilton was Latino, Burr was black, George Washington was Asian, Eliza Hamilton was black, etc etc. They were just great performers who told the story of America, I wasn't detracted in the least that "omg Eliza was white" and it felt even more American to see the story of our Founding Father played out by representations of our entire country.



What was annoying was that AJ had seen it before and kept making commentary or telling me what was better about the version he saw in Costa Mesa. I kept having to shush him lololol!


After that we went to the downtown strip, were not treated so kindly at the blackjack tables, and eventually wandered back to the hotel, needed a late checkout, went back down to the downtown where we watched a magic show (how do they do that?!), got breakfast, and then went back to the pool to hang out for a little before the long trek back. Ugh. At least we had the Hamilton soundtrack to sing!


Anyways, was totally worth the hassle, definitely recommend, two thumbs up, delightful family fun, would see again!

No comments:

Post a Comment