Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Silverlake

I got a taste of the LA livin' this week when my coworker and I had a Monday morning meeting with our graphic designer at their studio in Culver City, so I did a LA day with her in and around her place on Sunday night in the Silverlake/Los Feliz neighborhood and crashed there overnight. It was so much fun! It helps that her place is so freaking cute with the hardwood floors, arched doorways, so much space, back garden, balcony patio and Pinterest-vibed decorations.

We went to Moon Juice, which she found because Drew Barrymore recently posted about doing a cleanse from some of their juices and drinks and went to town on some of their overpriced products and dusts, and hit up a Goodwill for me to hunt for wedding supplies (hello $2 brand-new IKEA picture frames!) and then modeled my Moon Juice in front of a cool wall. Lulz. We went by the Elliott Smith wall (which has rudely been cut into), got dinner and drinks at Birds, a Jon Hamm favorite, and then went to a show at the Upright Citizens Brigade.






We went back to Jessica's place for tea and a Scientology documentary (our interest had been piqued since we were dining right across the street from it), and then went to bed, but I got woken up a few minutes later from Jessica needing to debrief and analyze a guy text situation... I've missed girl sleepovers!

In the morning we had coffee, got ready, and headed out to the studio in Culver City, which was adorable and we got to meet over breakfast with their dog in the office! We drove the streets to the office and I don't know what this sign means/meant...


After the meeting Jessica was working from home and I had to drive back down to Orange County. I still even worked out after that and then we went out to dinner with AJ's mom and the dogs. I was exhausted like 1/3 of the way through my day but it was funnnn!

No comments:

Post a Comment