Friday, September 9, 2016

Work and Khaleesi... In That Order

Well hello from my land to yours.

Have I ever mentioned how much I really believe in the notion that bodies in motion, stay in motion? I was getting pretty stagnant in Riverside, but with things having picked up steam in Irvine, I'm more energetic and active now. Work is insane, so I have to work out (even if I did take two weeks off because I got sick) so I'm doing bootcamp classes with Kathleen. I spend evenings walking Anana, or taking her to the dog park, and on Wednesday of this week, AJ and I went to our friends' place to play Jeopardy with them. I hadn't been out on a weeknight like that in a long time!

Here's a small snapshot of my job. On top of marketing, website design and editing, in-office support, swag buying, and thousands of other things, I am in charge of coordinating the logistics for all of our international events. One event alone includes fair registration, payment, materials shipping, scheduling, promotional materials creation, powerpoint presentations, securing a local alumni translator... and more. There are multiple events our travelers go to in each city. As I'm working on making sure everything is squared away for upcoming events, I also need to be supporting the current events and helping the travelers with anything that comes up while they are abroad, confirming their schedules, tracking lost shipments, directing them, etc. And here's what a month looks like...



In case you can't read that, we have travelers in India, England, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway and Brazil this month. Next month we have events in Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Kazakhstan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Korea, Thailand... and they're still signing up for more! Oh joy!

In other news, Khaleesi got a new cat tree, courtesy of our friends Jon & Nykole and their lovely cat Derek Zoolander who outgrew it...



And she has over taken Anana's bed...


And that's all from me. It's finally the weekend....!

No comments:

Post a Comment