Monday, August 10, 2015

Hermosa Beach

I more or less spent the entire weekend at the beach, and it was fabulous because I think I got a good tan out of it.

There had been nothing planned for the weekend at all, and I was looking forward to nothing to do because my weekends are about to heat up with weddings and vacations and holidays soon, but I woke up to a text from my boyfriend asking if I wanted to go to Hermosa Beach like, right now, and to bring clothes to stay out there.

One of his friends lives right ON the beach. I don't mean the strand. I mean the apartment building is built lengthwise onto the sand, on the border of Redondo and Hermosa. It was a large get together, but really fun. We played 4 games of sand volleyball (my team won woop woop), there were drinks and food and boci ball and swimming and then we went to the apartment complex's pool and ordered pizza and spent the evening playing King's Cup and Jenga. AJ and I left to go spend the night at his mom's in Hermosa.

She is fostering some Maltese dogs, and one particularly derpy rescue was just so darn cute, here it is cuddling between me and AJ.


We were exhausted from the beach day and crashed early, so we even got up early the next morning, had breakfast on the patio, took all the dogs for a walk (I got to walk the derpy one), hung out for awhile with bloody Mary's with AJ's mom, and then AJ and I went down to the sand and went swimming for awhile. I hadn't been in the ocean in so long, it was so fun!

After that we went with AJ's mom to the Hermosa Beach Summer Concerts Series outdoor on the sand, and it was fun, but this band was from New Orleans and couldn't stop talking about being in California, I lost track of how many times he had to remind us (himself?) that we were in the "beautiful state of California on the beach". We got it, guy. I thought the band was called Cowboy Mouth. AJ thought they were called Cowboy Mouse. I said maybe they are called Cowboy Mouse but the singer has a lisp. We never did find out.



We went back and AJ grilled steaks and we had dinner outside on the beach patio. We went in to clean up AJ and I went to our room to pack up, and came back out to the kitchen to find his dog Anana had gotten the remaining 3 steaks off the counter and eaten them all. It was a sad end to the weekend, but I did come back to my little kitty.



Why is it Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment