Monday, August 3, 2015

Augusttime

I'm still waiting for summer to start but here it is August already. It never really feels like summer when you have to work! Plus, all my vacation days will be this month, so I had to go hard in June and July.

Anywaysssss this weekend was quite pleasant. On Friday after work I went to the gym and then had to go to Target to get mimosa juice for my cousin's bridal shower. An hour later I emerged with new sandals, a dress to wear for the shower, cat food, and shampoo... and later realized I forgot the juice. So then I went back to Target for the juice. After I dropped that off, I walked to Woodfire Cafe, a newish pizza place in downtown Riverside. It was perfect weather, and I had a book and sat with pizza and a beer reading for over an hour. The owner even came over and gave me a free brown butter and sea salt cookie. He probably felt bad for me thinking I was alone on a Friday night, which I was, but I didn't care. But hey, I'll take the free dessert!

Saturday was my cousin's bridal shower which had been a long time coming, what with the preparations and everything. I was glad it was finally here, and everything looked so beautiful! And it was a fun time with my family and catered tacos and micheladas mmmm...





On Sunday, AJ and I went out to LA to his friend's apartment with his other friends and then walked down a dusty hill and into the Dodgers/Angels game. It was fun but it was HOT. And our seats never got any shade, so I ended up with a nasty shorts and sandals tanline burns. It was also a shame that it went into extra innings just for the Dodgers to still win. As a Giants fan I have to hate the Dodgers winning. AJ said he wouldn't be seen with me if I wore my Giants jersey, so I refrained, and wore red shorts to be supportive, but that was the most I would do.

AJ looking kute on his friend's balcony
Our "it's too damn hot to even smile" photo

3 Angels fan, a Dodgers fan... and me
I meant to take a "nap" when i got home but I was down for the count. And it was really hard to wake up to a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment