Friday, February 13, 2015

Side-Crow Pose

Marisa and I have been going to yoga since January 2014. We have been going twice a week regularly since July 2014. Even though we did start at the level 1 beginner class and we now take the level 3 class, I still feel like I should be further along than where I really am. I still sweat and get exhausted and sometimes can't do the whole routine. I wonder if I'm progressing AT ALL.

Well yesterday in yoga I learned that I AM because for the first time ever, I hit a side-crow pose. (Nevermind that I faceplanted after 2 seconds). Crow pose is currently my favorite pose, and I have been wanting to get in on side crow but never had the strength for it. I hadn't even attempted it in months. When it was part of the routine last night, getting up was almost so easy I felt like I was doing it wrong, which made me feel like, maybe I really am getting better! It was such an encouragement and got me excited about it all and to keep going back.

This is side-crow:


...I looked like that for about 2 seconds before I ate it. I tried it again and I faceplanted again, but at least I had Marisa there to laugh at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment