Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A Decade

Wow, this blog has officially been alive for ten whole years, an entire decade! I started it on August 1, 2013, a few weeks after I got back from New York after the friggin best roadtrip of my life from East Coast to West Coast.

I won't say that it feels like yesterday, cause it doesn't, but I still remember a lot about that time and I do think a decade's worth of life has passed since then.

I had absolutely nothing planned for my life; it was a complete blank slate. I remember playing with the idea of moving to Los Angeles but I couldn't stomach the city life so soon after leaving NYC. I needed a break. I spent some time working at a publishing house and helping an independent creative publisher. I started substitute teaching to make money and buy a car and then studying for (and passing!) my CSETs to be able to teach French in high school. I took classes at The Groundlings in LA, so much f'ing fun. I picked up my best little bud Khaleesi, who is still my little sidekick.

...and now I live in SoCal with my husband, working a job I really enjoy that has quite literally allowed me to see the world, survived losing our puppers, a global pandemic, and having our first kid, now expecting our second, got our first joint pet, getting ready to welcome a second kid and celebrating five years of marriage later this year.

And I really don't know why I still do this blog to be honest, but it actually does help me sometimes to recollect things, figure out dates or pinpoint when something happened, and act like a digital scrapbook of my life, so that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment