Monday, September 19, 2022

Mama's LA Getaway

I have a very complicated relationship with LA. I'm still an East Coaster girl in my soul, and much prefer NYC, but I also still love the city, so getting into LA occasionally is still nice. I don't know what took me so long to visit Jessica again (maybe it's been work and having a toddler, who knows) but it was, as always, such a good time.

I went up on Saturday night and ended up having the best night's sleep I've had in literally years. Jessica's bed was super comfortable and I slept through the night and slept in until 8:30a. No crying baby on the monitor, no baby waking up and calling out to leave the room. Silence until I woke up. It was magical.

Jessica lives in the wonderful Los Feliz neighborhood which is always so cute and fun. We walked to get coffee from Dinosaur Coffee, next to the Elliott Smith wall, and back to her place to get ready.



I made Jessica take us to brunch at the place where she's always seeing celebrities. (She grew up in West Hollywood and went to high school with the Olsen twins and more, so she is so immune to celebrities lol) but of course we saw no one haha. I still had a bomb.com breakfast with eggs and bacon and lemon-thyme pancakes.

Then we walked around the neighborhood and went into all the cute stores, from crystals and sage, to books and candy and kids boutiques. Jessica bought a porcelain figurine of a little girl hugging a llama for Sophie, and I bought Sophie a super chic pair of sunglasses and a French coloring book.

We went back to Jessica's apartment, got fro-yo delivered and watched old episodes of our favorite Flirty Dancing show (RIP! It needs more than 1 season!)

I was really sad to leave but ugh, Sunday. In the meantime, AJ was having a great daddy-daughter day at Chris's house watching Sunday football, and he had full reign of dressing Sophie (can you tell?)


I caught the tail end of the Queen's funeral today. It was quite sad watching them remove the orb, scepter and crown, but whether monarchies should even exist is another question entirely. Still, sad to see QEII go.

No comments:

Post a Comment