Saturday, February 26, 2022

Slava Ukraini!

Becoming a mother has really made the world a more unbearable place. Not like I would ever celebrate what's happening, but this hurts more than I've ever experienced before. I've become consumed by what's going on in Ukraine, truly devastated and incensed that this is happening, and essentially, being allowed to happen. Although one of my best friends is a first-generation American with parents who immigrated from Ukraine, I don't need this to see humanity around the world and how we all care about our children and our families and safety and life. 

I have cried about it and really become depressed over it. I have to actively disengage from social media and the news for my own sanity and mental health. but I have to acknowledge it because I can't just go on eventually like nothing had happened, or I don't think about it, or it doesn't bother me or upset me and it's not like I don't sit here wishing there was something that I could do to help.

And my God, how is Zelenskyy real? This man is a treasure; a straight badass, a shining example of selflessness and dedication and values and integrity. A movie couldn't write him better, I can't even believe each new update that I read about this guy. God bless him and keep him, and Glory to Ukraine!

No comments:

Post a Comment