Monday, April 27, 2015

It. Is. Done.

Welcome to the hardest puzzle I've encountered in my lifetime, thanks to Shannon and Luke for a Christmas present I had to work for! Maybe it's cause my usual puzzle partner Kathleen wasn't around to help, or maybe this one was just so damn difficult. But I did start this thing in January. And on April 25, it was finally completed. Here were some progress pictures...

The box opened

On January 22, 2015, this picture was sent to Shannon and Luke with the following email message:

Hey biyatches. I finally bought a puzzle mat so I could work on my puzzle you beezies got me!

THIS SHIT IS HARD.

I figured I would take progress pictures.

I watched ALL of Bridesmaids and one episode of Arrested Development... and this was ALL I GOT DONE

Kk

January 31, 2015

February 7, 2015

February 8, 2015

February 8, 2015

March 10, 2015

April 5, 2015

April 11, 2015

April 25, 2015
Notice that border and how impossible it was to tell if you had the right piece! Every single piece had to be scrutinized (as did the all-black seas pieces) and even had to take the border apart at the end because it was wrong to fill in afterwards.

My boyfriend was a huge help in re-starting my motivation for it a few weeks ago and maybe spent a few hours himself working on it diligently.

At any rate. It's done. And here's how I felt about it.


kthxbye

No comments:

Post a Comment